This business unit is focused on creating operational programs tailored to specific market or client requirements. The programs can be temporary service as support requirement for the project or permanent as an answer to a niche rise in a specific industry.
The business unit operates with specialization as follows:
I. Government Services
- High Risk Area Program This program covers activities in areas of high risk such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, and other disaster areas. The definition of high risk area under this program not only covers war risk but natural and man-made disasters as well. This program is not only responds to war-risk only but also to any situation with volatile conditions that increases life risk.The program team consists of qualified project manager that are capable to operate in high risk countries through our network of Program Management Offices (PMO). Each PMO reports directly to the head office through the country program manager who runs the daily activities of the program in the country.Some of the services provided under this program are related to construction, asset leasing, PAX transportation, telecommunications, medical, vehicle maintenance workshop, Moral & Welfare & Recreation and Operations & Maintenance for plants such as water treatment, electrical production and fueling.
- National ProgramThe program main focus is on operations that are located in Kuwait or with Kuwait government. This program caters for Kuwait government requirements locally or abroad, also it service foreign visiting military forces. Some of the services presented under this program include life support services, general procurement, telecommunications, special vehicles and medical services.
II. Industry-Specific services
These industry solutions are a result of many years of experience and true industry understanding. The operations team are very familiar and comfortable in dealing with specific industry standards to deliver world class logistics service. GLS is capable of performing services within a broad spectrum that involves the delicacy of handling pharmaceuticals products to the power required to load an oil carrier.
These logistical services cover the following Industries:
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Health Care
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Transportation and Automobile
- Energy & Utilities
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
These industries stand with its own logistical challenges and requirements and GLS caters solutions per industry and client requirments to decrease logistical risks affecting operational continuity or excellence.
GLS will strive to deliver excellent timely services through team based analysis for the client situation. Our analysts will study the key logistics parameters of the client operation related to logistics and extract these factors to become the borders for developing a solution. This helps to avoid any gaps between client expectations and actual results. In some cases we find that the client’s main concern is speed of delivery where our team finds that the solution needs to tackle accuracy of delivery. The GLS analyst role is involvoed during the early stage of the relationship with the client to focus efforts in delivering the required service.
Some of the common key logistics parameters are:
- Delivery Conditions
- Delivery times